If you have any questions that aren't answered here, please email us at (email@example.com) and we'll be glad to help you.
1. WHAT IS CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS DIVING?
2. WHAT FORMS AND FEES ARE REQUIRED TO JOIN CMD AND HOW SOON CAN I START?
3. IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE OR MINIMUM DIVING ABILITY REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS DIVING PROGRAM?
4. IS MY SON REQUIRED TO WEAR A "SPEEDO" BATHING SUIT?
5. WHAT HAPPENS IF INCLEMENT WEATHER STRIKES THE AREA?
6. HOW DO I GET INTO THE HART POOL?
7. WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET A PARKING TICKET WHILE ON CAMPUS FOR DIVING PRACTICE?
8. WHAT IF I AM LATE PICKING UP MY CHILD FROM PRACTICE?
9. CAN I SWIM LAPS OR USE OTHER FACILITIES WHILE MY CHILD HAS DIVING PRACTICE?
10. DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO DIVE ON THE THREE-METER ("High") BOARD?
11. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CONTACT CENTRAL MASS DIVING?
12. ARE THERE DIVING MEETS IN WHICH MY CHILD CAN COMPETE?
13. WHAT ARE THE EXPENSES FOR SENDING A COACH TO AWAY MEETS. WHAT ARE THE EXPENSES FOR SENDING A COACH IF MY SON OR DAUGHTER QUALIFIES FOR A NATIONAL DIVING MEET?
14. ARE CMD DIVERS OBLIGATED TO PURCHASE TEAM SUITS? DO YOU HAVE A SITE TO ORDER TEAM GEAR?
15. DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET?
16. IN AN EVENT THAT THE COACH OF CMD IS NOT ABLE TO ATTEND A MEET, WILL THERE BE ANOTHER COACH ASSIGNED TO THE CMD DIVER?
1. Q. WHAT IS CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS DIVING?
A. Central Massachusetts Diving is one of New England's well respected springboard diving instructional programs in the United States. Divers in the program range in age from 7 to 20 (Now including Masters level ranging 21+) and come from all over Greater Worcester, Central Massachusetts area. The program is geared for all ability levels of diving - from the true beginner to the High School All-American.
2. Q. WHAT FORMS AND FEES ARE REQUIRED TO JOIN CMD AND HOW SOON CAN I START?
A. Prior to any participation in the CMD Program, prospective divers and parents must complete the following forms: 1) Diver Registration Form 2) Waiver and Release of Liability Form (Signed by parent and diver) 3) Emergency Medical Information & Authorization to Consent to Medical Treatment form 4) Payment plan. The 4 forms listed above can be printed directly from the registration page or here.
In addition, the following fees must be paid before starting in the Central Massachusetts Diving Program: 1) AAU Diving Insurance (currently $16.00 per diver per year) as well as a CMD diver payment plan also located on the registration page.
As soon as the above information are completed, you may begin as early as TODAY...
3. Q. IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE OR MINIMUM DIVING ABILITY REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS DIVING PROGRAM?
A. The minimum age would be 7 to participate in the CMD Program. The only requirement is that your child be able to easily swim across the deep end of the pool unassisted and be able to listen to and follow simple instructions.
4. Q. IS MY SON REQUIRED TO WEAR A "SPEEDO" BATHING SUIT?
A. ABSOLUTELY NOT! A "Speedo" style bathing suit is not mandatory for boy divers in the CMD Program. We encourage divers to wear whatever they feel is most comfortable. Most boys wear soccer style swim trunks or similar apparel during practice. Some wear a "Speedo" suit underneath their swimsuit but this is not necessary either. During competitions, many boy divers will wear a "Speedo" style suit because of the belief (whether true or not) that wearing this type of suit makes them better divers in the eyes of the judges. Jammers (which are like bikers shorts) are considered to be comfortable and our team suit for boys can either be a "Speedo" Bathing suit or Jammers. These can be purchased @ team store. WWW.SWIMOUTLET.COM/CMD
5. Q. WHAT HAPPENS IF INCLEMENT WEATHER STRIKES THE AREA?
A. Unless you hear otherwise from CMD, assume that all practices will take place as scheduled. If, however, inclement weather strikes the Worcester area, practices may be canceled or consolidated. The CMD calender would be updated stating whether practice is canceled or not. If you will NOT attend practice because of weather or road conditions, please contact CMD and let us know as soon as possible. We will use this information to help us determine whether or not to cancel diving practices for the day. If LESS THAN TWO divers remain scheduled to attend practice, that practice may be canceled. A representative from CMD will contact you via phone/text or e-mail.
6. Q. HOW DO I GET INTO THE HART POOL?
A. Divers should enter the Hart Center through either the front or rear entrance and then proceed toward the smell of chlorine. Divers will then be admitted to the locker room, which leads to the pool. Parents are welcome to come in to the pool to watch practice but must remain in the stands during the entire practice.
7. Q. WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET A PARKING TICKET WHILE ON CAMPUS FOR DIVING PRACTICE?
A. Divers are responsible for full payment of all parking tickets received while parking on campus at Holy Cross. To avoid parking tickets, park on the lots that says visitors' parking lot located in front of the Hart center. If you park around the building you will get a ticket. In order to park around the Hart Center you must have a valid staff/faculty decal.
8. Q. WHAT IF I AM LATE PICKING UP MY CHILD FROM PRACTICE?
A. Parents are expected to be on time and pick up their child when practice is over. If you are running late, and there is another practice taking place, your child is welcome to stay inside the pool area and wait for you. Please be advised that the coach is working and cannot be held responsible for the divers who are waiting for rides. If the last practice of the day has ended, your child must wait outside of the pool area. THE COACHES ARE NOT BABYSITTERS AND ARE NOT PERMITTED TO STAY AFTER PRACTICE TO WAIT WITH YOUR CHILD UNTIL YOU ARRIVE TO PICK THEM UP. PLEASE BE PROMPT!
9. Q. CAN I SWIM LAPS or use other facilities WHILE MY CHILD HAS DIVING PRACTICE?
A. Unfortunately, the answer is NO. Our contract with Holy Cross is for use of the diving well only. Please be respectful of the Hart facility and the relationship Central Massachusetts Diving has established with the College of the Holy Cross.
10. Q. DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO DIVE ON THE THREE-METER ("High") BOARD?
A. While we encourage all divers to learn as much as their physical ability and desire will allow, divers ARE NOT required to do 3-meter diving. If a diver wants to do more 3-meter diving, they simply need to talk to the coach. Some dives are actually EASIER to perform from the 3-meter board than from the one-meter board. WHY? The diver has more time to complete the necessary somersaults and twists.
11. Q. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CONTACT CENTRAL MASS DIVING?
A. You are welcome to contact CENTRAL MASS DIVING via phone or e-mail. We check e-mail daily and respond to those messages almost firstname.lastname@example.org If you prefer to call us by telephone, please dial 508-793-3430 between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can sometimes catch us at the office on a weekend, but this is not the norm. If nobody answers the phone, you are welcome to leave a message on the Voice Mail System. Or simply call cell phone number 978-30-TWIST or 774-406-FLIP if no one answers leave a message and someone will return your message. Or leave message here..
12. Q. ARE THERE DIVING MEETS IN WHICH MY CHILD CAN COMPETE?
A. Yes, there are several diving meets in which your son or daughter can participate. There are several invitational meets within Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and at times New Hampshire in which they may attend. These Invitational are offered so often at random times through out the season to prepare the divers for the championship meet in June. Divers of all ability levels are encouraged participate in as many meets as possible. Most meets occur on a Saturday and/or Sunday and last no more than 6 hours. The actual duration of the meet is determine on your son or daughter's age and level (Novice or JO). Therefore your duration at a meet can be brief as a coach will stay the duration of the meet. Most meets take place within a 100-mile radius of Worcester.
13. Q. WHAT ARE THE EXPENSES FOR SENDING A COACH TO AWAY MEETS. WHAT ARE THE EXPENSES FOR SENDING A COACH IF MY SON OR DAUGHTER QUALIFIES FOR A NATIONAL DIVING MEET?
A. All expenses to local competitions must be paid by the diver. Meet fees include hotel, car rental, gas and tolls, plus the cost of sending a coach. $25 per diver per day of event usually covers the cost of transportation, hotel, car rental, gas and tolls for local events. There is no charge if the meet is taking place at the Hart Center, Worcester, MA. NOTE In order for this charge to be exempt during home meets all parent must help run the home meets. Whether it may be, announcing, running the scoring table, selling food, T-Shirts etc.. In an event of divers going to (long distance meets) regionals and/ or nationals the divers will have to split or even pay in full the cost of hotel and transportation to send coach. Visit fees page for more information on how the cost is split etc.
14. Q. ARE CMD DIVERS OBLIGATED TO PURCHASE TEAM SUITS? DO YOU HAVE A SITE TO ORDER TEAM GEAR?
A. Yes. CMD divers are required to purchase team suit and are available on our team store at WWW.SWIMOUTLET.COM/CMD
15. Q. DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET?
A. Yes. While you are watching your son or daughter practice from the balcony, you may access the wireless feed. In order to do this you will need a computer or tablet that has wireless access. Once your device has found the signal, you may access the Holy Cross visitor wifi page. Follow directions to use guest wifi.
16. Q. IN AN EVENT THAT THE COACH OF CMD IS NOT ABLE TO ATTEND A MEET, WILL THERE BE ANOTHER COACH ASSIGNED TO THE CMD DIVER?
A. Yes. In an event that a CMD coach is unable to attend a meet you will have a coach from most likely "ZAP DIVING", Mary Ellen Clark, Pete from "SAD", Jim/Joe from "BAD" or Craig from "South Shore Diving" They have worked with the CMD divers in many occasions. These are trust worthy in the absent of CMD coach. Coaches fee would be $25 per day.